Friday 11 May 2012

Thursday 10th May

I haven’t managed to visit but the Black-necked Grebe is still present, it can be tricky as it is continually feeding and spends more time under the water than above!

The Potato fields produced four Wheatear last night and there was still one present this morning. There have also been three or four singing Whitethroat along the length of hedgerow where I walk my dog every morning.

I was talking to one of the villagers on Wednesday who reported seeing Red Kite in the last week or so, I still hold out hope of connecting with one which I did over twelve years ago over Maxstoke Golf Course before I covered the area properly.

I have my annual trip to Cannock Chase planned for Friday evening so I hope to cover the Reservoir more over the weekend and I will try to pick up some of these pesky warblers that I keep missing, that is of course if the sun comes out and they start singing.

No comments: