Wednesday 22 August 2012

I am out there, honest!

I have been over Shustoke a few times in the last week but in all honesty it has been absolutely ****! Culminating in last nights visit where it rained heavily all the way round, I was literally soaked to the skin. There was nothing of note whatsoever, not even any hirundines, no terns, no warblers, no finches – no nothing. The water level is that high now, there is very little chance of any waders whatsoever, normally at this time of year there would be the odd wader, but I haven’t even seen a single Common Sandpiper as yet. Even Warbler Corner has been very quiet – but you have to keep on trying!

Whilst in the garden in the last week or so I have had a family party of five Raven fly over and there are a couple of Hobby still.

No comments: