Monday 9 September 2013

Monday 9th September

It is official I am now stepping down to four day week! Well we will see how long that lasts for, at least it started well, although God only knows how I would have fitted all the jobs I had too do in, with an extra day of weekend.

I had a walk around today, I reasoned that the Reservoir would be quiet with the rain that was falling. I was right for a change although there were few birds. I made the mistake of going round the back of the fishing pool, now that is what I call an overgrown path. I am glad I had a thick coat on. It was the tunnel of death with five foot high nettles converging to meet in the middle. I might not have got stung, but I was soaked by the time I had fought my way to the other end!

The most interesting thing I saw today was a Hornet, (I’m glad I didn’t meet it on the aformentioned path there would have been no where to run. I did see a few warblers today with Blackcap, Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff all seen. There were very good numbers of hirundines with estimates of 250 House Martin, 150 Swallow and 100 Sand Martin.


No comments: