Sunday 5 January 2014

Sunday 5th January

I made my third trip of the year over today seeing very little. There are very few wildfowl with the Pochard numbering a measly 32. There are very few passerines as well. On a normal visit I would expect to see between 40 to 50 species at the moment I am struggling to see 35!

It is probably as much to do with the mild weather as anything sinister but on a whole the Reservoir has been rather poor over the last year.

I walked from Coleshill down the River Tame and home this morning having a little more luck with Siskin, Lesser Redpoll, Treecreeper and the highlight a male Lesser Spotted Woodpecker about 400 yards further down the access road from the Ladywalk entrance by the fishing club, it was showing very well for about 20 minutes.


No comments: