Monday 5 January 2015

Monday 5th January

I didn’t get over until the afternoon and I went with the specific intention of relocating the Tree Sparrow that I saw just over a week ago. I searched the area but drew a blank there were some interesting numbers of birds in this specific area: ie: 15 Pied Wagtail, 14 Meadow Pipit, 5 Reed Bunting and c.12 Yellowhammer. Strangely this area held good numbers of thrushes a week ago but I could only find Song Thrush today.

I had a bit of a panic when I realised that I had dropped my keys on-route, I retraced my steps and was fortunate enough to find them again.

I looks like the Red-crested Pochard has gone and I didn’t see the Common Sandpiper but it could well be still around. The Scaup seems to favour the small pool during the day and thats where it was when I saw it.

No comments: