Sunday 2 April 2017

Sunday 2nd April

Got around relatively early and it looked quiet on the birds front, the reservoir was busy with a “Boot Camp” training session going on, I haven’t seen that much stretched Lycra in my life!

There were c.30 Sand Martin but most of the flocks move straight through at this time of year, especially if the weather is good. As I was making my way round two Shelduck flew past but didn’t land, then I picked up a new species for me at Shustoke, I can’t remember if it has been recorded before at Shustoke I suspect it has, but anyway two Egyptian Geese were new for me, my first new species for a couple of years. Unfortunately, like the Shelduck they went straight through headed east.

I had another singing Blackcap between the two pools but as it was dull there wasn’t an awful lot of birds singing.

The locals give their opinion on the introduction of parking charges.

No comments: