Friday 1 October 2010

Thursday 30th September

I had another search for Little Owl in the fields running to the north of the railway line, again I drew a blank. The main reservoir didn’t produce much either although there was a 1st winter Common Gull on the gantry. Still good numbers of LBB Gulls although the Herring Gull numbers seem to have dropped off.

Pochard numbered 20 and there were still 20 odd Swallows around. The weather forecast for Friday may produce something and I will have a good walk round on Friday evening before giving my knees a pounding hillwalking in Scotland for a week.

I will update the blog on my return, if anything of interest turns up please inform Tame Valley Birders via their blog – conversely check that blog for anything interesting in the area.

No comments: