Sunday 15 July 2012

Saturday 14th July

The summer continues in a similar vein – mixed would be a polite description! I was at work most of Saturday but managed to get out for a bit and cover Coleshill Quarry for the first time in a while but although it is full of water there wasn’t much around apart from a few Reed Warbler, one of which was carry nesting material.

Anyway I received a text to say S Haynes had found a Common Scoter at Shustoke. The bird was quite active out from the car park, but I only had my bins with me so I left it and headed home for my scope. On returning Bobby D was returning to the car park from photographing the bird but it had flown to the far end. I dropped the scope on it but it was by now asleep.

There was also a Shelduck present with around 30 Common Tern with a juveline with them, the first of the year for me.

Common Scoter, Bob Duckhouse

Common Scoter, Bob Duckhouse

No comments: