Thursday 2 May 2013

Update

I am afraid that I have been neglecting my duties at Shustoke over the last week. I have paid a couple of flying visits but have seen nothing particularly of note. Mark Fennell reported Whitethroat over the weekend and there were nearly 20 Common Tern on Saturday evening.

On a personal note I visited Cannock Chase with the Captain over a week ago but most of the migrants weren’t in although we did pick up Redstart, Tree Pipit and Cuckoo. The 1 May saw the Captain and I at Middleton RSPB again it was quiet although I did add Sedge Warbler and Reed Warbler to my meagre Year List. And as dusk approached we saw and heard a couple of Garden Warblers at Coton. Then breaking news this morning I walked the dog up the field and had a fly over Shelduck only my second in eleven years. But much more importantly I finally caught up with LINNET! Never in my life have I had to wait until the 2 May to see this species!!!! They are either getting rarer or I am getting lazier!

No comments: