Tuesday 29 October 2013

Out of it

Been a frustrating week so far, on the weekend Joy and I walked the Malvern Ridge, a fantastic walk which turns up some good birds now and again. As you heard in the news there was a bit of a blow on, so birds were at a bit of a premium. Lots of Redwing and even more Fieldfare.

On Sunday not content with Saturdays walk the wife dragged me to Cannock Chase for a yomp! During the course of which we didn’t see Great Grey Shrike. We did however, have good views of Brambling and poor views of Crossbill.

Shustoke wise I popped over Monday morning feeling strangely cheated that we hadn’t felt the full force of the Storm! There was hardly a wave of the surface of the Res when I got there. I had a quick scan from the car park and there was very little.

However, J Harris reported a Red-crested Pochard on the small pool although there was no sign today.


No comments: