Tuesday 12 November 2013

Monday 11th November

Took a break from decorating when the heavy rain of the morning stopped. The reservoir was very quiet and I walked around both pools plus the marshy field on the other side of the railway but it was very quiet. I did see my first big flock of Fieldfare of the winter with around 50 birds.

Wildfowl numbers were pathetic with only around a dozen Pochard of note. When I got back to the car park Steve Haynes was on site and he had seen little either. Whilst we were talking a wader was picked up flying along the reserve, it turned out to be a Dunlin – still the best bird in a while.

This morning while lying in bed sipping my coffee, the bird feeders outside the window held only the usual until I picked up two Treecreepers working their way up and down the Silver Birch’s.

I have been over recently but it hasn’t been worth posting. On a personal note I have added four year ticks in the last week. Last Saturday I saw Dusky Warbler at Marsh Lane and five Jack Snipe locally. Then last Sunday we walked the Malvern Ridge again and saw three Crossbills near the Malvern Hotel and on the way home we stopped off near Evesham to see the Glossy Ibis that was present.


No comments: