Wednesday 23 July 2014

NIght Heron and Mystic Joy

Trying very hard to get used to going back to work, and it wasn’t helped when I received a text from TP to say that a Night Heron had been seen Seeswood Pools just this side of Nuneaton. Joy and I headed there early evening with not a lot of expectation – fortunately I was proved wrong and the bird was showing really well out in the open.

As Joy had posponed a quick trip to Morrisons to accompany me on my quest, she kindly dropped me off at the Reservoir so I could quickly check from the car park. I am glad she did there were 3 Common Sandpiper and a juvenile LRP, two Greylag but not much else. It is the first in many years when we haven’t had any Common Tern feeding here. In previous years we have had good numbers throughout the summer but not this year.

Anyway, 20 minutes later Joy turned up and said I bet you have seen 3 Common Sandpiper and a LRP, I was mystified – it turned out she had met Steve Cawthray at Morrisons who had popped in before me!

No comments: