Monday 24 August 2015

Monday 24 August

Med Gull at Shustoke last week
For the second time this year I have seen Greenshank at Shustoke Reservoir! For the second time this year I put the news out! And, for the second time this year the bird flew off just after I put the news out!!!

It circled for a while before landing on the carpet weed but within minutes it had gone. There were still two Common Sandpipers on the edge despite disturbance from dog owners who refuse to put there dogs on leads.

There were a lot of warblers around today with double figures of Chiffchaff and Blackcap, plus I saw a few Whitethroat and a single Willow Warbler. On Saturday evening I had only my second Garden Warbler for the year.

Two Wood Sandpipers, Middleton Lakes RSPB

Two Wood Sandpipers, Middleton Lakes RSPB

No comments: