Tuesday 19 April 2016

The Weekend

Better late than never, I went over the Reservoir with Joy early Saturday morning and on arrival there were six Tern but they were distant but one came close and I identified it as an Arctic Tern, the other looked like Common Tern but it always takes a bit of time to get one’s eye in.

I was searching for the Black-necked Grebe but could’t find it but I did come across a male Common Scoter down the far end. It showed reasonably well, and I was surprised it hung around once the boats came out, but it remained until departing overnight.

Back at the car park the Tern numbers had increased to around 16 birds with the consensus being that they were all Common Tern! At that Nick Barlow picked up a Little Gull as it dropped in and hawked insects. Unfortunately I had to leave, I have been back over but there hasn’t been a lot since, but all in all it was the end of a good week.


No comments: