Monday 27 March 2017

Monday 27th March

At Long Last, a little to get excited about, Sunday saw two Shelduck and Lesser Spot with at least 6 singing Chiffchaff.

Today was even better, I was surprised to see the two Shelduck still present, but they didn’t stay long and departed in the direction of Ladywalk. At the far end there were c.60 Sand Martin wheeling around but try as I might I couldn’t find a swallow.

Back at home I was washing up when a bird in the recently ploughed field caught my eye, I got my bins which confirmed a female Wheatear, something I was expecting.

This evening Joy and I took went around the Reservoir again and we were rewarded with a Little Ringed Plover 150 yards from the car park. But the best was yet to come when I picked up a Little Gull resting on the water, it was an adult moulting into summer plumage, it was soon up and flying around. There were still c.30 Sand Martin late on, with the good news being that at last things are starting to happen.

The traffic this evening has been carnage, good luck trying to get to Shustoke.

No comments: