Tuesday 9 January 2018

Tuesday 9th January

This morning was spent at Ladywalk where I had the place to myself, they warden and his volunteers have done a fine job at this reserve and it looks very promising.

I walked in from Coleshill station finding a couple of Green Sandpiper on the river, there were very few passerines on view, probably due to the dank weather. There were a smattering of wildfowl on the river but I saw no Chiffchaff which is unusual as I have ticked Chiffchaff in this area for the last 20 years.

In the car park there were two Willow Tits on the feeders and the rest of the trip the usual suspects were seen. Unusually for this reserve there was a Squirrel on the feeders – most unwelcome! I finished off my walk seeing Marsh Tit near the end of my circuit. At home thawing out!

No comments: