Thursday 19 January 2012

Mid January

I haven’t been able to get over recently with work and family commitments, I have managed so far this year to walk from work at lunchtime past Coleshill station and down the Tame past the famous Outflow. There has been a bit about with Green Sandpiper and Snipe on the river and last week I had two Little Egret fly over.

Up to four Chiffchaff have been reported by the outflow but I am yet to connect with them. Though I did have a flock of 30 Lesser Redpoll in the area. The river in this area has held Pintail in the past but all I have seen so far this year is Teal, Mallard and Tufted Duck plus the odd Gadwall.

I met Steve Haynes who informed me that there have been c.40 Goosander roosting again at Shustoke and an email from Steve Cawthray who had seen and adult Yellow-legged Gull.

No comments: