Saturday 17 March 2012

Saturday 17th March

Was busy in the garden and at work but managed to get over late on. I had been abandoned by the wife and kids so it was down to me to walk the dog. Killing two birds with one stone, I headed to Shustoke only to find the Two Steve’s on-site, Mr Haynes quickly hopped up on to the slabbed area, in an attempt to aid identification!!!

They had had Sand Martin and Peregrine before I got there so after a quick chat I left them and headed down Bixhill Lane to the small pool. On the way there were five Goosander, one Shoveler, twelve Pochard and two Gadwall. The small pool held nine Teal and seven Wigeon. A good range of wildfowl, probably the best of the winter.

As it was reasonably late I was a bit short of passerines although a I saw a roost of several Bullfinch.

No comments: