Friday 19 October 2012

Quiet Thursday

There was a report of two possible Red-crested Pochard but the finder was not sure, as they may have been Wigeon. As there had been two Wigeon around recently I assumed that is what they were. Having a spare hour I thought I would check the Reservoir anyway.

I didn’t seen any RCP or Wigeon for that matter in what must rank as the quietest trip I have ever had, and believe me I have had some quiet days here recently! Apart from a few Common Gull coming into roost there was nothing, I don’t think I got much about double figures of species. On a good day in the past I used to get close to 50 species seen.

There has been a immature male Peregrine knocking about the fields around Castle Lane and I watched the bird as it attempted to land on the pylons without success. It eventually gave up and landed in a nearby tree.  

No comments: