Saturday 21 March 2015

Saturday 21st March

I took a good walk around today. The Reservoir was quite quiet apart one couple and their three dogs who never stopped barking the whole time they were there, I was glad to get to the quieter area to give my ears a rest. There wasn’t too much on the main reservoir but last night in a brief visit there had been two Shoveler and five Teal both first for the year for me at the Reservoir.

There were obviously good numbers of Chiffchaff as I counted at least 12 in the sheltered areas out of the cold north wind. I did see two Sand Martin but they went straight through.

In the Sheep Paddock there were two Tree Sparrow and around a dozen Yellowhammer and four Reed Bunting. Although, last night there were at least 20 Yellowhammer and I saw three Linnet.


No comments: