Monday 22 February 2016

Back to the mundane

Monday 22nd February

I took a walk around this afternoon but it was largely uneventful, I received a call from Steve Haynes at 5.30pm to say the Med Gull had dropped into the roost, I was on-site within five minutes and saw the bird well and it was still there at dusk.

Having been back from India for a week, birding has been a bit of a struggle. I have been over Shustoke a couple of times seeing Oystercatcher on both occasions. There are good numbers of Siskin and Redpoll around as well.

I had a problem with the blog before I went away (since fixed). The best bird during that period was a Iceland Gull which Steve Haynes picked up in the roost @ 28 January. I arrived just too late to get a good views as it was nearly dark, I did however see it fly briefly before I lost it in the murk and the 1,000s of Black-headed Gull that all took off at the same time.

I was there first thing the next morning but all the birds had left the roost before daylight arrived.

Last evening there was a Med Gull in the roost so things are happening albeit slowly. The Gt Northern Diver appears to have departed in early Feb. It will be getting a little more lively with Spring fast approaching.

The group in the dining room at Pangot

Another picture of us celebrating Lokesh’s tick, rum supplied by said!

No comments: