Monday 17 January 2011

Monday 17th January

I thought I would attempt a late afternoon trip over to check out the gull roost, in the event there was little action on the gull front but there was a great count of 85 Goosander which is the most I have seen in the Midlands never mind Shustoke!

Other wildfowl numbers were was follows 5 Shoveler, 91 Pochard, 96 Tufted Duck and 6 Wigeon. What a difference a day makes. As I had taken my camera with me to have a play with but the pleasant afternoon soon turned rather cloudy – typical.

As I said the gull roost was a little disappointing but there were in excess of 40 Common Gull, 20 LBB Gull, 6 Herring Gull and 400 Black-headed Gull.

Lesser Black-backed Gull with Black-headed Gulls, Shustoke

A selection of the 85 Goosander, Shustoke.

No comments: