Sunday 2 January 2011

Sunday 2 January 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Due to overindulgence and a free ticket to the Baggies v Man U (thanks Duncan) I didn’t get much birding in yesterday. However this morning I paid my first visit of the year to the reservoir and it was that busy I couldn’t get on the car park.

It was rather quiet bird wise and I think I probably saw more species of dog than anything else. The reservoir is still largely ice covered so duck numbers were low with a single Goosander, 8 Shoveler, 12 Pochard, 22 Wigeon, 12 Pochard, 2 Gt Crested Grebe and a single Little Grebe.

I couldn’t find last weeks Redpoll or Siskin for that matter but a couple of Raven flew overhead and I had a  Green Woodpecker and a Treecreeper.

I went to Coton late afternoon to the gull roost to look for yesterdays juvenile Glaucous Gull which appeared at 3.30pm (early) there was an adult Yellow-legged Gull as well as two Smew and a couple of Shelduck.

Glaucous Gull, Coton,  2/1/11

No comments: