Friday 19 August 2011

Thursday 18th August

Firstly Steve Cawthray reported 2 Common Sandpiper, 3 Common Tern, Hobby, Yellow Wagtail and 100 Pied Wagtail.

I arrived after work to see a large flock of wildfowl and Lapwing circling the reservoir, my first reaction was that there must be a large raptor overhead, probably Buzzard but at this time of year you never know. I was surprised to see a couple with a dog and binoculars walking along the southern shoreline flushing everything as they went.

There is supposedly no access to this shore, but if I check it out I try and stay by the hedge and peer over at various points so as to not cause alarm. Short of marching up and down with a drum kit they could have not caused less disturbance. I did see 3 Common Sandpiper that were flushed fly across the Reservoir.

I checked out the small pool as well and saw Kingfisher, Willow Tit, 2 Willow Warbler, 12 Chiffchaff and a good variety of commoner birds.

Around the car park Bobby D had a Lesser Whitethroat but by the time I got back it had darkened considerably and there was little activity.

No comments: