Friday 26 August 2011

Thursday 25 August

Took a walk around tonight a bit later than I wanted to for various reasons. The hedgerow just outside the carpark held 20 Greenfinches taking advantage of the bumper crop of berries. There were a lot of tits and finches and a few Chiffchaffs in amongst them, but the bird that caught my eye was a Lesser Whitethroat. carrying round the LRP was still in the same place by the outflow at the west end it was joined by a Wheatear. It was getting late by this time and apart from a couple of Common Sandpiper there was little else. I was joined by Steve Cawthray and we checked out Warbler corner but by this time the light was starting to fade and apart from a couple of Chiffchaff and a Bullfinch there was little of note. I think it is fair to say that most passerine had gone to roost.

Bank Holiday weekend so I am hopeful of a couple of trips over the course!!!


No comments: