Tuesday 10 September 2019

Tuesday 10th September

After a good day yesterday I found myself visiting the Reservoir again, on arrival a Common Sandpiper flew from the edge. The Ringed Plover was also still present together with two more Common Sandpiper, unfortunately it was soon flushed by a dog and as far as I’m aware it carried on going. Yesterdays two Wigeon were still there as were a pair of drake Gadwall.

I checked around the small pool seeing Treecreeper (missing from Saturday) then decided to check out some of the areas I had covered on Saturday on foot. I carried on towards Furnace End and checked out the churchyard, then worked my way through the fields back to the Reservoir.

The stubble fields on Bixhill Lane still held c.100 Linnet and c50 Goldfinch and today a single Wheatear, why could I not have connected with this on Saturday.

In the Afternoon I visited the Wishaw area where I saw 2 Whinchat, there were c.50 Swallow, Yellowhammer and a few of both Skylark and Meadow Pipit.

Two Common Sandpiper

Ringed Plover

Two Wigeon


No comments: