Friday 30 September 2011

Friday 30th September

Have been over a few times this week but with high pressure dominating the weather systems it has been beautiful weather, but unfortunately that is not what you want for birding. Needless to say that it has been rather quiet. I have had a couple of tries for the Little Owl on Bixhill Lane but have drawn a blank.

Fortunately/Unfortunately I am off to Scotland for my last week of Munroing, it appears that the weather hasn’t been quite so kind north of the border. So tomorrow I will travel up, hopefully having a look at a Buff-breasted Sandpiper at Arnside in Cumbria (just off the motorway) and then its either off to watch Saints at Kilmarnock or White-rumped Sandpiper near Edinburgh - choices, choices.

When I get back most if not all of the summer visitors will have gone and we will be welcoming in the winter species, I love watching the seasons running their course.

If I see any good birds whilst I am in Scotland hopefully I will get some photographs and put them on the blog on my return.

No comments: