Monday 12 September 2011

Monday 12th September

Well I did get up and I did go around early but it wasn’t very good – apart from good exercise! All I had to show were a pair of Jay and a single Reed Bunting. That doesn’t mean that there won’t be anything over the next couple of days, bird drop into the Reservoir at any time, in fact I have never really found early morning that great!

As I said above, being there early is no guarantee of success. I received a text this afternoon to say there were 3 Arctic Tern and 1 Black Tern (S Haynes). I was then contact by the good Captain he had had 3 Arctic Tern, 1 Hobby, 1 Common Sandpiper and 2 Tree Sparrows.

I managed to get over just after 6pm and had just two Arctic Tern which were showing well, I didn’t see any of the other goodies, but hey I’m not retired just yet.

No comments: