Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tuesday 6th September

There was a bit of a wind last night and I wasn’t due into work until 12ish so I took the dog around with me this morning. It was windy and light drizzle at first and most importantly I near enough had the place to myself. The best birds of the day were a couple of Yellow Wagtails mixed in with the 20 or so Pied Wagtails.

As I made my way around the rain got heavier until it was bucketing down. Warbler corner was quiet apart from a few of the more common species. I will try and get round again before the weekend as I am off climbing again in Jock for a couple of days.

Later in the day K Sargent had 600+ House Martin and 2 Swift, which goes to prove that birds must be moving through continually. As I had a lot of hirundines today but they were mostly Sand Martin and the total was closer to 300.

No comments: