Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tuesday 13th September

Up and round early again this morning, the two Arctic Tern were still present but by 8am they had gone, apart from that it was rather quiet. The wind had dropped significantly so I will try the bushes and warbler corner this evening if I get the chance. I still haven’t dropped on these Tree Sparrows yet, so will have to put a bit of effort into them.

I am on a bit of a roll at the moment and I ventured back over this evening. At first glance everything looked quiet but I picked up an Arctic Tern – but only one. The wind had gained in strength since this morning and passerines were hard to come by. I checked out Warbler Corner but only had a Chiffchaff to show. On the way back there were around 40 hirundines, mostly Swallow and I had a single Swift which must be one of the latest I have seen in the Midlands.

No comments: